I got myself a Rynox Tornado pro L2 a few months ago. Since I used it twice to try it out I thought of sharing my review about it, so that if you want to buy it will help you in deciding.
In brief the Tornado pro is a jacket which I would consider worth the price. It comes with CE certified level 2 armour which other jackets don’t come with in this price segment of sub 8000 in majority of jackets. Even if some jackets do provide L2 armour they cutdown the quality in other things like stitching, material etc.
Safety/ Protection: The main reason of buying a riding jacket is safety. When it comes to safety the tornado pro gives the best features for the price range. It comes with Knox microlock level 2 elbow and shoulder protectors. In this price range of sub 8000Rs the other companies give just level 1 armour. Even if some companies give level 2 armour they cut down on other quality like material of jacket or stitching. The back protector is made of HD (high density) foam and is upgradable to level 1 or 2. The material of jacket is Nylon 600D PU coated which gives good abrasion resistant properties.
Looks : The Tornado Pro looks plane black with 2 reflector straps when looking at images or in showroom. But when we wears the jacket looks pretty premium and does not looks bland since its all black. We get different colors like green , red and white. I wouldn’t prefer red or green but white looks good too. Initially I was afraid that the jacket might look too simple as its majority black. But once using it and after few photos it looked great and did not disappoint with its looks in pictures.
Fit: The jacket fits pretty nicely. The jacket is neither short nor long in length. For comfort and flexibility it has good comfort and flexibility as there is stretchable material near elbows and the design is pretty snug and is not uncomfortable. The neck velcro creates slight discomfort at times.
With this review I would like to say that Tornado Pro will not disappoint you if you buy it.
Complete specifications are as follows
- Shoulder and Elbow: KNOX® Microlock CE Level 2 certified
- Back: HD EVA foam
- Super Ventilated Outer Shell: Lightweight and sturdy 3D mesh with dual-fold knit
- Heavy Duty Textile: 600D PU coated polyester
- Reinforced Slide Protection: INVISTA Cordura® panels with Rynox ImpacTech construction
- More Protection Features
- Increased Low Light Visibility: Retro reflective panels on back and arms
- 3 Layer Construction
- Outer Shell > Rain Liner > Winter Liner
- Internal Rain Liner: Breathable Reissa fabric. With sealed seams. Can be worn
- Internal Winter Liner: Attaches to the inside of the rain liner
- Fit: Sports touring fit
- Fit Modulation: Girth adjusters on waist, arms and cuffs
- Cushioned Comfort: Soft Neoprene trims on collar and cuffs, prevent chafing of skin
- Safety Stitch System: Dual stitching on slide zones
- Cargo Capacity: 3 pockets
- Pants connection zipper
*Some images and specification are taken from rynox website, my prateek.